* The median strip at Hardenbrook and Shasta Dam Boulevard has been transformed into a formal garden with lawn and changing array of colorful annuals surrounding the city clock. This was the second project completed in 1999. The clock was added in the summer of 2002.
* Dedication of the Shasta Dam Workers Garden in the Summit City area took place in September 2000. Formally, a park where dam workers relaxed in the evenings, this garden was dedicated to the builders of Shasta Dam who founded our community.
* Landscaping of the new Shasta Lake Animal Shelter, complete with a shady “adoption interview area,” was also completed in 2000.
* Landscaping of the Lions Club Veterans Garden and Memorial on Shasta Dam Boulevard and Hardenbrook was completed and dedicated November 11, 2000.
* The Shasta Lake City Hall landscaping project was finished in the spring of 2001.
* Phase one and two of the Community Memorial garden on SD Blvd was completed in 2005. This work included formal landscaping of the west side of the creek with a pathway, cleaning, reinforcing of the slope and replanting the creek bed with appropriate native plants replacing invasive and overgrown weeds.
*The new mural right as you enter into Shasta Lake was completed April 15, 2009. To read more about it go to NEW MURAL FOR SHASTA LAKE
Dreams for the future include a large botanical garden with various plants, pavilion for teas, weddings and other fetes, an amphitheater, and a broad grassy area for lawn-sports.